April 23, 2020 On March 27, 2020, the Supreme Court of Alabama announced that a team of Armbrecht Jackson’s business lawyers obtained an “extraordinary writ,” the
- The University of Alabama School of Law, Tuscaloosa, Alabama, 2010, J.D.
- University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, Alabama, 2006 B.S. Honors: Summa Cum Laude Honors: Beta Gamma Sigma National Business Honor Society Honors: National Society of Collegiate Scholars Honors: Sigma Alpha Lamda National Leadership and Honor Organization Honors: Phi Eta Sigma National Honor Society Honors: Alpha Lamda Delta Honor Society Honors: Golden Key International Honor Society Honors: SGA Senator for College of Commerce and Business Administration (2004-2005) Honors: Chairman for University of Alabama chapter of Ducks Unlimited (2006) Major: Business Management
- Alabama, 2010
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Alabama, 2010
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Alabama, 2010
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Alabama, 2010
With a practice consisting of both litigation and transactional work, Harris represents a wide range of clients, from large businesses and financial institutions to individuals. Harris has extensive experience assisting in both litigation and transactions involving a broad array of areas, including business matters and disputes, real estate, oil and gas, banking and finance, employment, probate and estate matters, intellectual property, maritime and aviation. Harris also has extensive experience in corporate acquisitions and mergers, joint ventures, corporate formation and management, among other corporate matters.
After graduating high school from St. Paul’s Episcopal School in Mobile in 2003, Harris attended the University of Alabama, where he graduated summa cum laude in 2006. While in college, Harris was a member of Betta Gamma Sigma National Business Honor Society, National Society of Collegiate Scholars, Sigma Alpha Lamda National Leadership and Honor Organization, Phi Eta Sigma National Honor Society, Alpha Lamda Delta Honor Society, and Golden Key International Honor Society. Harris was also involved in the Student Government Association, and was a member of Delta Kappa Epsilon fraternity.
Harris graduated from the University of Alabama School of Law in 2010. He is admitted to practice in all Alabama state courts, the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Alabama, the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Alabama, and the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Alabama.
He currently serves as a Board Member for the Alabama Wildlife Foundation. He is also a member of the National Association of Realtors and the Alabama Association of Realtors.
Harris and his wife, Laura, have two children. When not in the office, Harris is typically hunting, fishing, or spending time with family.
Ankor Energy, LLC v. Kelly, 271 So.3d 798 (Ala. 2018)
Ex parte Continental Motors, Inc., 270 So.3d 1148 (Ala. 2018)
- Obtained Writ of Mandamus from Alabama Supreme Court directing trial court to dismiss wrongful death claims on behalf of two decedents that had been pending for nearly eight (8) years based on lack of subject-matter jurisdiction.
Ex parte 4tdd.com, Inc., 306 So.3d 8 (Ala. 2020)
- Obtained Writ of Mandamus from Alabama Supreme Court directing trial court to dismiss purported derivative shareholder action as a result of plaintiff’s failure to comply with derivative suit prerequisites.
- National Association of Realtors
- Alabama Association of Realtors Mobile
- Alabama Association of Realtors
- Mobile Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Delta Kappa Epsilon
- Alabama Wildlife Federation
Areas of Practice
News and Practice Area Updates
April 25, 2016 Duane Graham and Harris Oppenheimer recently obtained a jury verdict in favor of an oil company after a fourteen day trial in