14 Lawyers from Armbrecht Jackson LLP recognized in The Best Lawyers in America© 2021
(Mobile, Ala) — Armbrecht Jackson LLP is proud to announce that fourteen of its attorneys have been named in The Best Lawyers in America 2021 and that four of these attorneys were selected as “Lawyers of the Year” for 2021. One attorney was selected for inclusion in the 2021 edition of The Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch.
Only one lawyer is recognized as the “Lawyer of the Year” for each specialty and location. The following lawyers from Armbrecht Jackson LLP were honored as 2021 Lawyer of the Year in the Mobile area:
- Duane A. Graham for Business Organizations (including LLC’s and Partnerships)
- M. Kathleen Miller for Admiralty and Maritime Law
- James D. Smith for Corporate Law
- Norman E. Waldrop, Jr. for Product Liability Litigation – Defendants
The fourteen Armbrecht Jackson LLP attorneys honored in The Best Lawyers in America 2021 are:
- Conrad P. Armbrecht – Energy Law, Litigation – Environmental, Mining Law, Natural Resources Law, Oil and Gas Law, Real Estate Law
- Scott G. Brown – Litigation – Labor and Employment, Employment law – Management, Workers’ Compensation Law – Employers, Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants
- Gregory P. Bru – Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships)
- Edward A. Dean – Bet-the-Company Litigation, Commercial Litigation, Litigation – Banking and Finance, Litigation – Real Estate, Litigation – Trusts and Estates
- Tamela E. Esham – Medical Malpractice Law – Defendants
- Richard W. Franklin – Medical Malpractice Law – Defendants, Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants, Product Liability Litigation – Defendants, Workers’ Compensation Law – Employers
- Duane A. Graham – Natural Resources Law, Trusts and Estates, Closely Held Companies and Family Businesses Law, Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships), Commercial Finance Law, Litigation – Trusts and Estates
- Broox G. Holmes – Bet-the-Company Litigation, Commercial Litigation, Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants
- M. Kathleen Miller – Admiralty and Maritime Law, Insurance Law, Commercial Litigation, Bet-the-Company Litigation, Medical Malpractice Law – Defendants
- Thomas P. Oldweiler – Banking and Finance Law, Financial Services Regulation Law, Litigation – Banking and Finance
- E. B. Peebles – Real Estate Law, Mergers and Acquisitions Law, Commercial Litigation, Banking and Finance Law, Corporate Law, Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships), Commercial Finance Law, Corporate Compliance Law
- Kirk C. Shaw – Employment Law – Management, Labor Law – Management, Litigation – Labor and Employment
- James Dale Smith – Corporate Law
- Norman E. Waldrop, Jr. – Legal Malpractice Law – Defendants, Mass Tort Litigation/Class Actions – Defendants, Medical Malpractice Law – Defendants, Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants, Product Liability Litigation – Defendants, Professional Malpractice Law – Defendants
Robert S. Walker is named to The Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch for Commercial Litigation.
# # #
About Armbrecht Jackson LLP:
Armbrecht Jackson LLP law firm provides business and litigation services in a broad array of specialties. Founded in 1897 in Mobile, Alabama, the firm has built a reputation for excellence, with more than half of its current lawyers, including associates, listed in “Best Lawyers.: U.S. News rates the firm in Tier 1 in 21 practice areas, the most of any law firm in Mobile, Alabama. For more information visit ajlaw.com.
About Best Lawyers
Recognition in Best Lawyers is widely regarded by both clients and legal professionals as a significant honor, conferred on a lawyer by his or her peers. Best Lawyers’ lists of outstanding lawyers are compiled by conducting exhaustive peer review surveys in which tens of thousands of leading lawyers confidentially evaluate their professional peers. If the votes for a lawyer are positive enough for recognition in Best Lawyers, that lawyer must maintain those votes in subsequent polls to remain in each edition. Lawyers are not permitted to pay any fee to participate in or be recognized by Best Lawyers.
Sign up for our Newsletter
Armbrecht Jackson wins Shareholder Derivative case at Alabama Supreme Court
On March 27, 2020, the Supreme Court of Alabama announced that a team of Armbrecht Jackson’s business lawyers obtained an “extraordinary writ,” the writ of mandamus. In issuing the writ, the Supreme Court reversed the trial court and ordered dismissal of a shareholder derivative and breach of duty case filed against Armbrecht’s clients. Tom Oldweiler led Armbrecht’s team, which included Harris Oppenheimer and Robert Walker, in the multi-year litigation. The opinion of the Alabama Supreme Court announced a new principle of appellate review of shareholder derivative claims.