RSA Tower, 27th Floor
11 North Water Street
Mobile, Alabama 36602
In 1897, William H. Armbrecht started his law practice as a personal injury defense lawyer for the M&O Railroad. Through the early 1900's Armbrecht's business practice grew to include multiple aspects of commercial law and the firm developed a nationwide reputation based on its expertise in municipal finance. From 1904 through 1913 William H. Armbrecht served as both the United States District Attorney and as a partner in the firm today known as Armbrecht Jackson, LLP.
Through the years the firm has been known as Inge & Armbrecht (1906), Armbrecht & Hand (1926), Armbrecht, Hand, & Twitty (1930), Armbrecht, Inge, Twitty & Jackson (1939), Armbrecht, Jackson, McConnell & DeMouy (1956), and Armbrecht, Jackson, DeMouy, Crowe, Holmes and Reeves (1976).
As a Mobile, Alabama based firm, we have had offices throughout downtown Mobile: first in the GM&O Building in 1897, then the Pollock Building in 1901, and the old First National Bank Building from 1927 to 1940. In 1940, the Firm moved into the Merchants National Bank Building and remained there for over 40 years before moving to the Riverview Plaza Office Tower in 1985. We moved to the RSA Battle House Tower in the Spring of 2018.
On October 27, 1913, our firm's founder William H. Armbrecht, as President of the Mobile Chamber of Commerce, was principal host for a breakfast of broiled squab, fried grits and cornpones at the Battle House Hotel honoring President Woodrow Wilson (Mr. Armbrecht is seated to the President's right) on the occasion of President Wilson's visit to Mobile. Later that morning at the Lyric Theater, President Wilson announced what has ever since been known as "The Wilson Doctrine", a major corollary to the Monroe Doctrine, under which the United States would never again seek "one additional foot of territory by conquest".