- Duke University School of Law, Durham, North Carolina, 1983, J.D.
- Honors: With Honors Law Journal: Duke Law Journal, Member, Editorial Board, 1982 – 1983 University of South Alabama, 1980 B.A.
- Alabama, 1983
Awards and Recognition
- Best Lawyers® (Mobile, AL), “Lawyer of the Year” Corporate Law (2014)
- Best Lawyers®, listed since 2005, Corporate Law
Mr. Smith has had extensive experience in financial and commercial transactions, including merger and acquisition and securities law matters involving parties in the U.S. and abroad, and has served on Alabama Law Institute committees drafting revisions of the trademark, trade secrets and investment securities provisions of the Alabama Code. He also served the Alabama State Bar for over four years as a Bar Examiner on the subject of Business Organizations, and is listed in Best Lawyers in America. He has advised business clients at all stages of development, from small startup companies to exchange-listed public companies, on a broad range of matters including corporate law, securities law and intellectual properties law.
- Mobile Bar Association Member
- Alabama Bar Association Member
- Alabama State Bar, 1999 – 2003 Bar Examiner, Business Organizations