Tax Alert: Update on 2021 Tax Proposals
Admiralty & Maritime
Admiralty & Maritime Resources and Publications
We Serve Shipping and Stevedoring Companies, Builders, Owners and Insurers
We are well positioned to serve our admiralty and maritime clients throughout the Gulf Coast, located in the central Gulf Coast port of Mobile. The practice of maritime and admiralty law is an integral part of our tradition at Armbrecht Jackson LLP, and we maintain a commitment to the shipping, stevedoring, and blue water and brown water industries today.
Our attorneys represent a range of clients including:
- Shipbuilders and ship owners
- Stevedoring and shipping companies
- Marine insurance companies
- Oil companies and offshore well owners and operators
- Banks and investors with shipping interests
We serve companies whose operations and interests lie in both blue water and brown water, operating craft from crew boats to the largest ocean-going ships.
Liability Defense - Litigation of Disputes
Our litigators have extensive admiralty and maritime law experience in state and federal courts, handling both trials and appeals as well are arbitrations and mediations for ship builders and vessel owners.
We have defended our clients’ interests in cases involving:
- Personal injury and disability claims under the Jones Act and the Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act
- Vessel arrests and cargo seizures
- Capsizings, barge breakaways and other issues of loss and liability
- Cargo claims and ownership disputes
- Disputes over vessel construction and repair
Our admiralty and maritime attorneys are leading and founding members of industry organizations that expand our knowledge and benefit our clients, such as the Southeastern Admiralty Law Institute.
Collaboration Between Our Practice Area Teams
As a full-service law firm, we are able to devote resources to fit clients’ needs.
Our clients rely on counsel from related practice areas such as: