- University of Alabama School of Law, Tuscaloosa, Alabama, J.D.
- Birmingham-Southern College, Birmingham, Alabama, B.A., Economics
- Participant, Presentation, “Implications of Nursing Documentation as it Relates to Malpractice Claims” – Springhill Memorial Hospital
- Participant, Presentation, “Withholding or Withdrawing Life-Sustaining
Medical Treatment” Atmore Hospital
- Participant, Presentation, Liability of Architect as Construction Manager,
(Review of Hospital Construction Projects) CNA Invited Attorneys
Meeting, Tucson, Arizona
Phil was born in Montgomery, Alabama and was admitted to the Alabama State Bar in 1976. He earned his J.D. from the University of Alabama School of Law and undergraduate degree from Birmingham-Southern College. Phil has practiced law in Mobile since 1976. His practice focuses on representing hospitals, doctors, and nurses in medical malpractice claims. In addition, Phil represents architects and engineers in cases involving claims of construction defects. Phil has tried well over 100 civil jury cases. His practice extends to many of the judicial circuits in the State of Alabama. He has handled over 60 appellant matters in the Alabama Court of Civil Appeals, the Alabama Supreme Court, the United States Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit and the United States Supreme Court.
- Alabama State Bar, Member
- Mobile County Bar Association, Member, Past Chair of Civil Practice Committee
- Baldwin County Bar Association