- Cumberland School of Law, Samford University, Birmingham, Alabama, 1986, J.D.
- Emory University School of Law, Atlanta, Georgia, 1987 L.L.M Major: Taxation
- University of Missouri, Columbia, Missouri, USA, 1978 B.S. Major: Accounting
- Alabama, 1986
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Alabama, 1991
- U.S. Tax Court, 1991
Awards and Recognition
- Best Lawyers®, listed since 2022, Tax Law
Steve Pearson attended the University of Missouri and obtained a BS in Business Administration in 1978, majoring in Accounting. Steve was then employed by CPI Corporation and then Angelica Corporation, both located in St. Louis, as an Accountant and Internal Auditor. While attending Southern Illinois University-Edwardsville part-time, working towards his MBA, Steve decided to enter law school. Steve graduated from Cumberland School of Law at Samford University in 1986 with a J.D., and received an L.L.M. in Taxation from Emory University in 1987. He has a general business and tax practice, advising and assisting individuals with estate planning, trusts, probate administration, business planning, business transactions, real estate transactions, commercial transactions and lending.
- Estate Planning Counsel of Mobile, 1991 – Present
- Alabama Bar Association, 1986 – Present
- Federal Tax Clinic, Board Member